REVIEW: GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD

6.01.2014


 If you're a beauty snob and take a trip to Sephora 4 times a week, surely you've seen the GLAMGLOW line. If you're active on social media and keep up with the latest YouTube beauty gurus, surely you've heard about it. First, let's learn a little bit about GLAMGLOW. Sephora's website will introduce us:
"GLAMGLOW was originally designed for exclusive professional backstage use in Hollywood. In 2011, GLAMGLOW became available to consumers worldwide and is now one of the hottest brands in skincare. Known for fast-acting and innovative mud treatments, their patent-pending formulas combine real pieces of leaf with high-end technology to deliver instant, visible results."


The Back Story

This Memorial Day weekend I was at the mall wasting money, and I stopped by the EDGE beauty area at Dillards. I was immediately drawn to the bright blue packaging of the ThirstyMud container. Hydrating...hmm. The sales associate saw me staring at it and I saw her staring at my incredibly dry skin, so she offered to try it on me. I was excited, I got to try a $70 mask for free! She proceeded to wash my face with a dirty clarisonic and shitty cotton balls (don't you have any Shiseido cotton?!?!) and on went the mask. It was nice, but I wasn't blown away. Now, it probably had to do with the fact that my face wasn't properly cleansed and the mask wasn't properly washed off. I decided to pick it up anyway, and I am SO GLAD I DID.

Just a small background on my skin, it's very dry. I don't regularly get acne, if I do it's one or two pimples. One or two pimples that leave disgusting scars every single time they visit, and I'm NOT a picker. I have apparent red scarring on both sides of my cheeks, it's annoying but whatever.

The day after I bought home ThirstyMud, I administered a 20% TCA Peel on my self to try to diminish the acne scarring (we'll get into this later this week) and let my skin do it's thing for 2 days...until I started picking at it. Great, I pulled the skin off before it is ready and now I'm going to have terrible hyper pigmentation, more scars and be disfigured for life. I did some research and the key to healing the skin if it has peeled prematurely, is to keep it hydrated. Hey, I just bought some ThirstyMud!

*Now, I'm going to throw in a disclaimer. I keep setting myself up for trouble here, I'm and idiot and I don't know what "no" means. I do NOT recommend putting anything on your skin after a chemical peel, especially four days after, until it is fully healed. Talk to your dermatologist or whoever administered the peel. I know my skin and I (like to think) I know what I'm doing. Don't come at me if your skin falls off and throw medical bills from the procedure where they had to take a piece of skin off your ass and graft it to your face. Do whatever you want at your own risk.



The Review

We can skip through all the boring stuff because if you've been researching ThirstyMud for a while, you know all about it. For a quick memory refresh, it's in a pretty blue package, it looks like dijon mustard, and it smells like coconuts in Cancun. That's all there is to it. Here is what Sephora says GLAMGLOW is supposed to do:
THIRSTYMUD™ uses the newest, most advanced, and extreme hydration active technologies. It moisturizes, restores, replenishes, and calms the skin. Dewdration™ boosts and locks in moisture for a dewy and youthful result while HydraPack™ leaves skin with an instant silky, soft, and supple feel. GreenEnergy™ smooths and energizes the skin, giving you a healthy-looking, glowing complexion.
I had been staring at the ThirstyMud jar on my counter, anxiously waiting until I could use it. Last night, the demon Boredomé possessed me and I had to try it. I couldn't wait anymore. I washed my peeling skin with my favorite Philosophy Purity, dried my skin off and immediately put on THIRSTYMUD. I was expecting stinging and burning, but surprisingly there wasn't. Just a refreshing cooling sensation and what felt like instant hydration. The coconut smell is fantastic and really relaxes you. This mask is great if you feel like having an at-home spa day.

I intended on leaving the mask on for 10-20 minutes as suggested, but the mask was so refreshing and cool that I decided to leave it on overnight, which is also okay to do. Not once did my face feel dry or have the typical "mask" feeling where your face is frozen into place. The majority of it sank into my skin within the first hour, and the remainder stayed moist. The mask had been on for about 2 hours before I went to bed with it in. This is where I encountered one of the few cons, it is sticky. If you sleep with it on, your face will stick to the pillow. It's not terrible, but a bit annoying. The annoyance is worth it though, I promise...

I woke up this morning and was completely shocked. I couldn't believe it. My skin was so hydrated and even. The areas with my acne scarring where I had picked the dead skin off looked amazing. The mask did not cause any of the remaining dead skin to peel off prematurely, which really shows how gentle it is on the face. Sensitive skin girls, fear not. If it was kind to literally brand new skin, that says it all. There was only a little bit remaining on the skin when I woke up, so I rubbed it in and lightly dabbed my face with a wet washcloth. As I sit here 4 hours after I woke up, my skin looks even better. An acid peel is harsh on the skin and ThirstyMud calmed and soothed it.

The Verdict...

 The hype about this product IS true. At $70 a jar, it is pricey but well worth it. I will be purchasing this until every jar from the warehouse and every Sephora store in the world is in my bathroom. GLAMGLOW's ThirstyMud is an amazing product, and I recommend everyone to try it out. It will be a summer staple in the fakeblonde household! Run and get your jar my little nuggets, before I snatch them all up!


You can purchase GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD at Sephora or the GLAMGLOW website.

3 comments:

  1. I recently bought glam glow too and I have to agree. It does hydrate. It feels fresh and cool only where im dry. But in areas where im not dry, it feels nothing. I've only had one pimple after using it and I cant rule out that I would have had it even without using it. So today is my third time using it and im hoping it wont cause any pimples ^.^

    Also, not as hydrating but way more cooling and refreshing is the fresh black tea mask. Have you tried? If so, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did break out after using the mask, but I had thought it was the Vitamin E oil I was using after the acid peel. This made me think, I hope the glamglow is not the cause of the pimples :(

      I have not tried the black tea mask! It caught my eye at Sephora and I picked it up, but I ended up putting it back. The price scared me a bit! I'm going to have to try it out now, I'm sucked into anything with the word tea. Weird, but I made my own matcha green tea mask and it was fabulous! It's not hydrating, but it calmed the red in my skin down significantly. Definitely try it out! :)

      Delete

 

© THE SNOB All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger